Friday, July 10, 2015

WE MOVED? WHAT!??!!!


As to quote the Disney cartoon Little Einsteins "I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!"

I, Kara Rocha, Married to one John Rocha CALIFORNIAN, am sitting here in a hotel suite in DENVER COLORADO still in somewhat disbelief that the last 8 weeks just happened.

First of all. John had been contemplating Denver for the past 4 YEARS.   He has been researching the dynamics of the city for years and lead by God decided it was time to move his boys to the mid-west style of life.

I have known that he was considering moving since the end of OCTOBER.  That's six months from first thought that MY husband would ever move out the bay to actually doing it. AHHHH!

From the moment John submitted a resume ....  to (no joke) hours later with the first phone interview ... to me sitting here now ... GOD has lead this process.  
My parents were visiting us the first week in May John flew to Denver for the in-person interview. They painted and touched up our walls and baseboards just incase we would need to sell.

About a 3 weeks go by and there is no yes, nor a no.
Our preacher gives a great lesson on God truly wanting the BEST for his people,  and God is WANTING to give you a YES to whatever your question to him is. At the end Shane said something like  "ask God for your yes this week and wait to how much greater his yes to you will be."  So I waited ... and I prayed in the car a lot that week. I realized deep in my soul that I wanted that YES. I wanted to move out of the Bay Area. I wanted that Mid-West style of calmness, family, and lifestyle.  Sunday came and I felt a bit discouraged. I wanted a YES, and didn't get it ... I got silence. So I prayed that day to remember God's timing.

Monday, May 18th,  I'm at a therapy session with Haden and I check my email. 
John has sent me an email from the company he interviewed with.  It is an job offer. 
And it has everything. From a good wage and benefits, to paying for a moving truck and a 2 month stay in an extended suite hotel. This company WANTS John. 
And GOD HAS GIVEN US A YES WE CANNOT BELIEVE.
We sat at the table that night and there was no "no" for us to say.   A few hours later we called my parents and Memaw to tell them the news.

It took us about a 10 days for it to sink in enough to start telling our friends we were moving.

We have spent 6 great years at our church.  And we loved it.
We have had Granny Gerry and Papa Garey in our home apart of our lives for the past 3 years. And we deeply love them.
I have made lots of good mommy friends, and how do you leave that behind?


By the time word had gotten out about our move. It was already June and the typical end of school year chaos has began.  Last play dates were scheduled, but the rush of it all and the time of year made it not feel sad or real at all.

They boys had a few days in our home after school ended before I flew them to Ks.
They spent from June 10 until July 5th with Grandpa and Grandma. And they were so happy there.


John stopped working on June 12th. He made a quick trip to Denver on the 14th to settle us into a hotel. He found a great spot.

We packed and packed and did have the opportunity to visited with friends until our moving truck came to take all our belongings away on June 23rd. (except a few items and a few suitcases of clothes in which we will survive on until we own a Denver home.)
It took John and I until the 26th before we left the bay.  Something was always more important than cleaning the house. (like the 2 hour lunch we had with the Castles & holding baby Sophie one more time)

John, Hercules, and I had a nice drive together. We left about noon on the 26th and went to Las Vegas. We stayed at a beautiful resort at Lake Las Vegas and started our drive to Denver around 8am the next morning.  We enjoyed listening to old podcast of  Click and Clack, quietness, and not packing/cleaning! We made it to Denver about 8pm and were happy to be done with the drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment